Tasmania's Heritage

Agency Details

Agency Number: NG2327
Title: ANGLICAN PARISH OF ROSS (2)
Start Date: 17 Mar 1903
End Date: 31 Dec 1970
Description:

After a meeting in Ross of the Bishop and St John's parishioners resolved to form a separate parish once again, on the 17th March 1903 the Church wardens of St Luke's and St John's met to put the separation into effect.

In 1970 the parishes were amalgamated once again as the Anglican Parish of Campbell Town and Ross. However, it appears that Ross was not used in the new parish's official title until 1973 and would over succeeding years be periodically dropped from the parish's title.

Information Sources:

St Luke's Campbell Town vestry minute book 1857-1965, Rector's annual report 1970, Anglican Church of Australia Diocese of Tasmania directories.

Copyright in all records retained by the Anglican Church, Diocese of Tasmania

Legislation Administered:

Legislation Creating:

Legislation Abolishing Agency:

Functions Performed:
39 RELIGION
Controlling Agencies:
NG373 ANGLICAN CHURCH - DIOCESE OF TASMANIA 01 Jan 1809
Previous Agencies:
NG2328 ANGLICAN PARISH OF CAMPBELL TOWN & ROSS (1) 02 Jul 1879 17 Mar 1903
Subsequent Agencies:
NG2330 ANGLICAN PARISH OF CAMPBELL TOWN & ROSS (2) 01 Jan 1970 31 Dec 1994
Series Created By Agency:
NS1190  PARISH REGISTERS 27 Oct 1833 19 Feb 2006
NS2533  PARISH FINANCIAL RECORDS 01 Jan 1904 30 Jun 1929