Some digital resources may be unavailable due to systems maintenance.

Tasmania's Heritage

Agency Details

Agency Number: NG2329
Title: ANGLICAN PARISH OF CAMPBELL TOWN (2)
Start Date: 17 Mar 1903
End Date: 31 Dec 1970
Description:

After a meeting in Ross of the Bishop and St John's parishioners resolved to form a separate parish once again, on the 17th March 1903 the Church wardens of St Luke's and St John's met to put the separation into effect.

The parish of Campbell Town also included smaller congregations at Christ Church Conara, St. Andrew's Epping and the Cleveland chapel.

The parishes remained separate until they were once again reunited in 1970 as the Anglican Parish of Campbell Town and Ross. According to the annual Diocesan directories, Ross was sometimes dropped from the parish's official title over the succeeding years.

Information Sources:

St Luke's vestry minute book 1857-1965, Rector's annual report 1970, Anglican Church of Australia Diocese of Tasmania directories.

Copyright in all records retained by the Anglican Church, Diocese of Tasmania

Legislation Administered:

Legislation Creating:

Legislation Abolishing Agency:

Functions Performed:
39 RELIGION
Controlling Agencies:
NG373 ANGLICAN CHURCH - DIOCESE OF TASMANIA 01 Jan 1809
Previous Agencies:
NG2328 ANGLICAN PARISH OF CAMPBELL TOWN & ROSS (1) 02 Jul 1879 17 Mar 1903
Subsequent Agencies:
NG2330 ANGLICAN PARISH OF CAMPBELL TOWN & ROSS (2) 01 Jan 1970 31 Dec 1994
Series Created By Agency:
NS1190  PARISH REGISTERS 27 Oct 1833 19 Feb 2006
NS2532  MINUTE BOOKS 26 Dec 1857 25 Jul 1984